Friday, April 12, 2013

#throwback










If all these were to be on insta, id hashtag #throwbackisrael :'( okay maybe i will upload sometime soon..

anyway yes 2010. Seems like yesterday that im still 16, like my future is just a distant thought. When we were young we used to say ''when i grow up i wna be..'' ''when i grow up i wna own/buy/live like...'' im 19, and it sure seems like im still young enough to draw up visions for my future. But am i not near that point of being a grown up? Its such a scary realisation that im reaching adulthood and its almost as if im no longer qualified to dream of the way i want my future to be because really, im too old. Too old to undo whatever mistakes i made that led me here, too old to redirect my routes in hope of redeeming myself, too old for ''if onlys''. Nineteen is indeed a very confusing year of transition. Just last year i painted a perfect picture of my route ahead, and just last year i was under the sheltered and structured school system wearing a uniform as my outfit of the day, daily.

But well, that's life isnt it? Nothing will ever go according to our plan, albeit the pressing desire for it to. But herein i must mention how thankful im, to carry on breathing everyday with the knowledge that my God has the final move, because its my life for Him. And here too, i must add that this slightly depressed/overly disappointed side of me has shrunk back into that very dark pot hole and yes, im still cheerful faiffy with many thoughts swimming around on a daily basis.

i have come to a realisation that im indeed very rich. I have a wonderful family that i love, and too, loves me unconditionally even though the youngest does get marginalised from time to time. And needless to say, i have an amazing set of friends that stuck with me throughout, and my Godly council that never fail to point me back to the one thing needful. All in all, these intangible aspects of my life are truly manifested blessings that is increasing slowly but surely from 30 fold to 60 and slowly to the hundred fold. im so blessed, and so rich (not money if u still dont get it)  in all these. What more can i ask for?

i will keep trusting. Though grace may be slow, in my case, but i know that its always on time.


and yes, hit me up! http://ask.fm/faithgloria

1 comment:

nat w said...

if u upload that fugly photo of me in israel w u on instagram i will not bring you steam boat on thursday, or forever