Wednesday, March 13, 2013

going going gone

1. Go on a holiday
2. read 10 books
3.sleep all day/party all night/drink/drink/drink
4.watch movies after movies after movies after...
5.wake up to no alarms
6.brunch/supper on a regular basis
7.lazy afternoons at a cafe with an awesome read
8.random meet ups
9.random shopping sessions
10.do nothing.

the above are/were my post alevels ''to do list'' that i so faithfully took time off to scribble down in the midst of my (many)attempts to study. This whole hype of being freed to the earth for 8months straight was once a huge incentive to perform a braincells genocide back then. So.. let's see which have i accomplished.

1. i went to taiwan with pamela, a short getaway with the cuscaden buddies to genting, and sailed up to batam over a week end. [check]

2. i did have a list of say.. 12 books to finish before varsity starts and.. im proud to say i read 8 books already. Few of which like looking for alaska, housekeeping and the great gatsby are highlighted under faith's best seller now. *insert mandatory smiley face* [semi check]

3.spent the whole of november and december doing almost that, with gatherings like nights at lucius's and ryanphua's crib getting high and pretty frequent (for me) clubbing sesh from week to week. [semi check]

4.did not go on a movie marathon as promised, but did catch up on seasons and seasons of vampire diaries and i have to give 2 brownie points to the pretty elena and interesting plot. [check]

5.literally woke up to no alarms for 3months until... end of january when i became the HSA-Office lady. (kill me now) [semi check]

6. too broke/fat to complete this. [fail]

7. happened sadly, twice? [fail]

8. cant figure out who is random enough to go on a random meet up date with [fail]

9.financially crippled, once again [needs to be investigated]

10. accomplished - days i spent at home doing literally...nothing.[semi check]


So i struggled between the opportunity to earn more spare cash to fund my hillsong trip to aussie in june with my church mates as to using the next 3 months not earning a penny, but to spend my time wisely doing.. anything, everything. Verdict: I scrapped my plan to work till mid may, and thus would be quitting in early april. Can't be anymore thankful for my decision cus spoilt as i may be, i totally detest working. Especially mundane and boring office job.. well, while the pay is decent for a part time job-7/hr, i came to a valid conclusion that the opportunity cost of working during my holidays is still greater. Think about it, how often would i have sucha long holiday with no obligations to do anything at all? Never again. Hence the decision to enjoy say.. 3 more months of freedom before i (hopefully) start uni.

thats that.
Besides that,

Many around me bypassed the possibility of me entering a local u and popped up the usual ''so what are your plans now?'' question. Not knowing that their ignorance in that sentence had already rescinded the original kind intention, if any, to express any needed concern.Then and again, no one would be fault for their insensitivity due to the subject being labelled under ''overly sensitive for discussion'' for the first week prior to the release of results. Its fine its fine, im alright now. So, i've decided that its time for me to move on with life, and so i logged on to the computer and handed in my application forms for all 3 varsities and yes, subject myself to 1.5 months of anticipation. (since the lower your grades the less priority you have and the longer youd have to wait to be accepted) i know i know, just gotta let it be and hope for the best, they say. And that's exactly what i would do, because that's the only possible action to undertake currently.

Oh, back to the topic; what to do with my life now. After wasting the past 1 month complaining about work and how i want to quit, ive decided to put all the free time i have now to good use and hence the above decision. Don't you guys feel that lives, our lives our present are always being forgone for the future and soon enough our future would become our kid's future and our grandkid's future and the cycle would go on.. when will we then ever get to ''live our life''? ha ha ok fine this is why i was taught to live in the now, and enjoy every season of my life. i did enjoy my jc life, my studying season and now im gna enjoy my holiday season, albeit the mood of uncertainly. And my life would be put back to play because im standing on a cloud of hope, under the open heavens and im pretty certain in many ways that things would work out fine.

 I can only hope.

(if u guys needa picture post, there's always my face book/instagram to view. (if) )



No comments: